Read Wix reviews and find out what experience customers made with the popular website builder.
Wix is the discovery of 3 founders: Nadav Abrahami, Giora Kaplan, and Avishai Abrahami in 2006. While the founders were building a website to be the basis of another start-up idea, that is when Wix was born. To develop small websites, Wix provides a stress-free drag-and-drop website builder. Free templates are obtainable in their hundreds. Wix offers domain names (free and paid) plus its web hosting. Adding extra functionality like ecommerce and photo galleries is made easy by the Wix App Market.
Submit your review
Built my online store with Wix. I find the website builder very good and it’s free for me to use, so that’s a big bonus. I just ordered this online portal for generating websites from an online store layout, so hopefully that works well and can be used. That will allow me to build a website for the hardware business
Lots of layout templates and fonts, just what I was always looking for.
Wix has lots of really impressive layouts which are rather for small businesses but bigger ones can use them as well and will be fine, like restaurants, artists or online stores. For me the most important was that the website builder I was looking for is optimized for mobile devices which Wix.com is.
Could easily design my website with Wix. The application is easy to understand and includes many templates.
I am very satisfied with Wix. Finally a straightforward application to build your own website. And if you need extensions, it's also straightforward online.
I really like the website builder. I started with the free version to see if Wix matches my planned website projects and ideas... Quickly realized it was just the right tool for my needs. What I also like is that you can build SEO optimized websites without knowing HTML.
Functions for the design of an online store are top. I am also very satisfied with the support from Wix. Questions are answered quickly.
Wix has everything you need for a professional website.
Our Wix Review
By 2021, Wix will have over 200 million users in 190 countries. Its popularity arises from the ease with which it can be used – in the past, establishing a professional-looking website needed coding knowledge, but now anybody can do it.
And Wix makes it a lot easier to handle. Throughout this Wix review, we’ll look at its features, plans, and how well Wix is suited to different sorts of websites, as well as how it performed when we put it to the test.
What is Wix and what is it used for?
Wix is a website builder that includes web hosting and design services in the cloud. It makes it simple for people to create websites without paying web experts or having specialized web development knowledge. Its mobile-friendly sites can be quickly constructed, updated, and managed through the Wix website regardless of the user’s degree of experience.
Like other popular website builders, the Wix platform is similar to leasing and personalizing an apartment in a gated community, rather than purchasing and owning your own home. You have authority over the decor, cleaning, and other aspects of living, but the property owner is in charge of the construction, plumbing, security, and infrastructure. That notion is crucial since convenience and control are frequently mutually exclusive. After listening to customer comments and comparing Wix to other leading website builders, we can affirm that Wix is a great website builder for the appropriate consumers.
You might also be asking yourself, is Wix safe? We would say yes! Wix is a publicly listed corporation with well-established legal, privacy, payment, and product standards that operate internationally. There are several fly-by-nights or amateur-run website builders to choose from. Wix, however, is not one of them. They have drawbacks and costs, but their safety and reputation are substantial assets.
Which special tools and functions does Wix offer?
Creating a truly unique website for your company needs a CMS that is more than just a Google form. Wix provides a lot of what’s essential in an efficient and customized way:
- E-commerce automation: If you’re a website building expert and you listen to Wix’s quarterly investor calls, you’ll learn that the company’s goal is to be more than simply a website builder; it wants to be an operating system for entrepreneurs. That isn’t merely corporate speech. Wix has been aggressively pursuing this technique in recent years.
Wix currently boasts more functionality than any other website builder on the market. Many of the new capabilities extend beyond website creation tools to include commercial services. Here are some of the features:
- App market: The app store, which has hundreds of extra add-ons, is a terrific way to expand the functionality of your Wix site. Each app is a third-party service, and while there aren’t as many alternatives as there are with WordPress, Wix’s add-ons nonetheless cover a wide range of requirements. Form builders, e-commerce boosters, PDF previews of printed works, and more programs strive to improve your site’s capabilities.
- Built-in customer communication: It’s critical to stay in contact with your audience, and Wix has built-in communication features. You can remain on top of your interactions using chat and synchronized email options, and your audience won’t feel left out.
- Intuitive design and editing: Aside from the various themes it offers, Wix, as previously said, allows for fantastic flexibility without the need to develop it yourself. Wix can draw complete site themes and color palettes from an uploaded picture or logo, which is essential because logos and brand graphics are vital in attraction.
- Easy navigation: It’s simple to go between modifying your pages. You may bounce around between pages with ease and without anxiety, as they autosave while you are working as well as before you browse away.
- Many Templates: Wix has a ton of templates to choose from, and it even categorizes them by industry. There are many options, but Wix can help you limit down your options.
- Animations: Wix is one of the few website builders that allows you to animate your text and photos. While it’s easy to go crazy with this feature, using gifs and animated text to attract a reader’s interest is a terrific approach to do it.
- Multiple sites Management: Do you handle many websites? Wix is here to assist you. You can manage multiple sites from one Wix account with one log in if you have many websites or even have various offshoots of your brand.
What free and paid Wix plans are available?
Wix’s price is quite attractive. For starters, Wix provides a free long-term website builder. You may use Wix’s basic - but still rather extensive - plan for free indefinitely if you never expect to need to expand your online presence to a more professional level, for example, if you simply require a personal site or an online portfolio.
Monthly versions with more professional features run from $4.50 to $24.50 per month and include your domain name, higher bandwidth, no advertisements, premium applications, and more. The investment is small, but the payoff is substantial.
How satisfied are customers with Wix?
First and foremost, it is really well-constructed. It blends capabilities with simplicity, giving users a lot of flexibility over their site’s style and content without being overly complicated. Website builders are meant to be simple to use, but Wix is in another league entirely.
A second advantage is that Wix offers a free plan. This will be important to various individuals, but Wix’s site builder is unquestionably one of the best, if not the most well-featured in terms of free website development.
Professionals have traditionally loathed Wix, but it has remained the go-to easy choice for most website and small business owners. Wix has led the way since the 2000s with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder developed using Flash - a technology reviled by most professional marketers, including Steve Jobs. They’ve subsequently abandoned Flash in favor of a built-in marketing capabilities platform that caters to the demands of do it yourself small company owners.
Although it’s simple to handle your website’s content and look, you give up some control over the hosting process to Wix. In fact, you can very much hand over control to Wix except for the construction itself, which they now have an AI tool for! As a result, losing some control over the site selection process is an ironic disadvantage.
Wix isn’t cheap, but it’s not prohibitively costly if you truly require everything Wix offers. We believe the biggest disadvantages of Wix apply if you choose Wix by accident and then find you don’t want that level of user-friendliness. To be sure, Wix excels at what it claims to be: a user-friendly, feature-rich website builder. It’s all of those things and more, with excellent uptime and general consistency, as well as adequate customer service. If you’re still not sure if you and Wix are a good match, you can always test them out for free for some time before upgrading to premium.